WELCOME!! I’m so glad you stopped by Simplistically Sassy. I am Kara, and I am a mom of SIX kids (they’re only 7 years apart … so I’m basically insane all the time). Being a mom is the hardest thing I’ve been learning to do in my life. I try every day to be a little bit better. I try to start my day off by taking a few minute to myself. It makes everything just a little bit easier. I hate emptying the dishwasher, and always fix it when someone else decides to fill it. I hate my house cluttered, and I get a little crazy when I haven’t had time to pick the house up and put things in their proper place. My husband and kids are so patient with me when this happens. Luckily, they’re quick to help me get it all worked out.
I love blogging about what works for me, what’s hard for me, what’s awesome about life, and what’s real about life. I also love to share recipes we all enjoy (everyone is picky in this house and it drives me BANANAS!), and the fun times we have. I LOVE to entertain and throw a fun party that won’t break the bank.
Random things you never knew you wanted to know about me:
1. I love could eat my favorite smoothie twice a day every single day.
2. I learned to crochet when I was 20, and didn’t do it again consistently for 7 more years.
3. I LOVE to watch TV, but rarely do.
4. My husband is WAY better at folding fitted sheets than I am.
5. I am a licensed Master Aesthetician.
6. If my house is too messy (not dirty … just things everywhere), I get really stressed and have to clean before I can proceed with certain things.
7. I clean/pick up when I’m mad.
8. I also clean/pick up when someone calls me on the phone, without fail.
9. I love to throw parties and entertain.
10. I often talk on the phone in the pantry since there is one of those child lock things on the door knob.
11. I’ve had a goal to run a half marathon, and after 5 years of having that goal, I finally did.
12. I played the flute for over 10 years growing up. I miss it sometimes.
13. I am a Mormon (member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).
14. Sometimes I think it’s weird when men like chocolate — this only stems from growing up with a dad who doesn’t really like it, and a husband who doesn’t either. However, both of my brothers do, and all 3 of my sons do too.
15. I don’t watch You Tube very often, but I love these two videos. Mom My Ride and Man Cold.